|Preparation time||15 Minutes|
|Cooking time||15 Minutes|
- Put pasta to cook according to package instructions, reserve some pasta water.
- Heat a large skillet until hot - add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and immediately add garlic and shrimp. Cook on one side for about 1 minute until pink, on medium-high heat. Flip the shrimp to the other side, sprinkle the top of cooked side of shrimp with dry basil, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt, cook for another 1-2 minutes, occasionally stirring, until shrimp is pink on both sides. Remove the shrimp from the skillet. If shrimp is a little undercooked - it's OK because you will continue cooking it in the sauce.
- To the same, now empty, skillet add sliced mushrooms. Add more olive oil if necessary. Cook on high heat for about 2 minutes, occasionally stirring, until mushrooms become soft and release juices. Sprinkle with a small amount of salt midway through cooking.
- To the skillet with mushrooms, add cooked shrimp. Immediately add 1 cup half and half. Bring to boil, add all of the cheese (1/2 cup shredded Parmesan and 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella) - bring to boil, then reduce to medium-simmer, and cook, constantly stirring, until the cheese melts. Cover with lid and remove from heat. Taste, and add more salt if needed.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with shrimp and mushrooms and cream sauce. Reheat on medium heat. Stir well. If the cream sauce is too thick and you want it thinner - add some pasta water in small amounts to the cream sauce (while the sauce is simmering on low-medium heat) until you reach desired consistency. Season with more salt and add more crushed red pepper flakes and basil, if desired.
Recipe sources