|Preparation time||20 Minutes|
|Cooking time||75 Minutes|
- Place a large sheet of aluminium foil on bench.
- In a large bowl, combine mince, garlic, parsley, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt & pepper. Mix with hands until well combined.
- Tip mince onto foil & shape into a large rectangle, approx 1.5 cm thick.
- Spread the ham, cheese & spinach over the rectangle, leaving 2 cm around the edge with no topping.
- Taking the long edge of the foil, tightly roll the meatloaf away from you, tucking in cheese & spinach as you go. Pull back the foil as you roll. Seal the ends of the mince so the filling doesn’t leak out.
- Wrap the entire loaf in foil & refrigerate until required.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place the loaf (wrapped in foil) into a large baking dish.
- Bake, covered for 1 hr, then open the foil & pour approx. ½ of the pasta sauce over the meatloaf. Add ½ cup water to the bottle of sauce, shake to mix with remaining sauce in bottle. Pour this over meatloaf also. Bake, uncovered for a further 15 mins.
Recipe sources