This cake is delicious served warm or will keep for a few days in an airtight container.
|Preparation time||20 Minutes|
|Cooking time||30 Minutes|
- Mix the icing sugar, milk and honey together to make a thick icing. Pour it over the hot cake, then sprinkle the top of the cake with a light dusting of cinnamon. Leave it to cool in the tin before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan, grease the cake tin and line it with baking parchment
- Melt the butter, sugar and honey together in a large saucepan over a low heat until the mixture no longer appears grainy and the butter has completely melted. Remove fromm the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and spices in a small bowl. Stir the milk into the butter mixture, then beat in both of the eggs. Sift in the dry ingredients and whisk until a smooth batter forms, then pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes or until the top of the cake is firm and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with a few sticky crumbs attached but no raw batter. Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin.
Recipe sources